Thread: alt deviation
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by busboy12 View Post
Very helpful link, thanks a lot. I am waiting to hear back from a aopa attorney hopefully today with some more info. I would say one of the hardest parts in this is just all the waiting and not knowing what is going to happen. Hopefully other people can learn from this and not make the same stupid mistake I did. Its disconcerting that just one split second mistake can possibly effect the rest of my career.
So true...which is why people bring up the hardships of a career in aviation - meaning how many outside influences can disrupt an otherwise productive career. Medicals, checkrides, momentary lapses of judgement/attention can have immediate and long lasting consequences that few other careers have to deal with as a whole.

Originally Posted by NoyGonnaDoIt View Post
The only think incorrect in Phil's article (dated rather than incorrect) is about a violation staying on your record only 5 years.
I saw that too in the article but I thought that since you had said that the 5 year rule was on hold that maybe it was just being 'looked at or examined' and wasn't hard and fast as of yet.
The FAA used to have an expunction policy that removed suspensions from your record after 5 years but that's on hold as the FAA decides how to deal with the post-Colgan improvements to PRIA.
USMCFLYR