View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 08:44 PM
toeman9
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: CFI

I do like the FBO I'm at with the exception of my CFI because the staff and the other CFIs seem genuinely good at providing a quality service to the students. Unfortunately, I got stuck with Mr. Halitosis-blahbidy-blah-blah. I was the newest student, so when I asked for a new Instructor, they really didn't have one available.

The other FBO I was at had a CFI who loved to cut the fuel selector off, put the plane into spins to teach me a lesson, and come to work smelling like a keg of beer.

The ATP was facility was a dark, dank, and dreary operation. Students looked depressed and the CFIs couldn't answer half of the questions I asked them. Plus the place had the smell of old socks, stale coffee, and B.O. (kind of like an old college dorm). The ATP CFI who gave me a tour spoke very slowly and seemed confused a lot of the time. He did admit to recently getting into a motorcycle accident and just getting out of rehab to make his last hours as a CFI before applying to the airlines. Who knows... maybe he was a TBI paitient. For the sake of passengers, I hope not.

So out of these three options, my current FBO was the lesser of all evils. And like some of you, I don't have the luxury of just packing my bags and going to FL or AZ to do my flight lessons. I actually have a house, job, and family to support, so I'm limited to what is local for me.