Thread: Eagle Life
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 09:02 AM
PilotJ3
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by BrewMaster View Post
Really not a big deal. You MUST know the profiles. I would HIGHLY recommend knowing the FO flows as well. The captain flows really aren't that important. If you aren't used to it, the FMS and FCP will be a bit of a learning curve. All the instructors there are regional pilots and very patient and knowledgeable. They are very good at teaching/explaining the sim. I can tell this class will definitely be a value when I start class. Knowing how to fly with the FCP and how to do V1 cuts, single engine go-arounds, etc. will be very beneficial. Don't stress studying night and day before class. Get the profiles down, and know the flows and you will be just fine.

In a nutshell, if you can't pass this class, you shouldn't even be flying a cessna.
My bad, but aren't you supposed to know go around single engine in your Multiengine training? Also, didn't you practice engine failures on takeoff in your Multiengine training as well???

Originally Posted by Husker402 View Post
I would wait 10 years at Eagle for the opportunity to fly for American.
Are you crazy?????? Go to AA??? Really, and airline that is bleeding a lot of money, I don't think AA will survive another 15 years. If you get there in 10 years (not likely neither), you will be furlough before getting the 2nd year pay. I will recommend to do a little more research about AA and other companies, before doing AA your definitely career.

Originally Posted by Husker402 View Post
I received an offer from Eagle this week also. I can truly appreciate the whole process...very thorough. As far as my experience...I had 1418TT/84 multi, ATP written. I am truly grateful for the opportunity!
So, you have less than 100multi. Are you going to the ATP course?

Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
The saying "cant see the forest through the trees" applies here. You need to keep yourself open to ALL opportunities that come your way and dont just hang on to what could be a great thing, or just a carrot you chase for a good chunk of your career.

The way I am looking at this agreement is just another way to keep the movement going so I can upgrade, and move on (and not necessarily to AA). If I get an opportunity to go to AA great; if not, there are plenty of other options out there when the time comes. Just dont keep a narrow perspective or else you might miss out on a great opportunity elsewhere.
Totally agree with you, I rather go to Delta, Fedex, UPS, Continental, etc before going to AA. Unless they call my number in less than 6 years from now. Other than that I'll go to other airline to get my career advance. Anyway even if we go to AA before 15 years from now we still going with first year pay and probation.

Originally Posted by astec View Post
Don't listen to this guy. He thinks he some kind of super pilot. The course is no walk in the park. 8 hours of pure hell a day. If you don't study they will be able to tell and you probably won't pass the class. If you're not studying every night and staying late everynight, expect to either be sent home or forgotten about.

You better know the material front to back, captain and fo flows, and everything within reach in your brain.
Totally agree with you, AE training will be hard, if you don't start studying right away and you don't study every night you will be gone in the sims sessions even before getting your checkride.

I'm going to my firs retraining next month after 8 months flying the line and I'm getting crazy already studying!