Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 AM
WalkOfShame
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: Going Mach Chicken

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
Can you spin a G1000 C172? You can a regular C172 but are these new screens spinnable?
Yes it is. I've done it several times with no problems. The geewizz 1000 has about a 10 sec AHRS quick-alignment if for some reason it didn't like the upset. I think I only had it re-align once in the many spins that I did.

[RANT]
You know, it seems like everyone on here is bashing the "inexperienced regional pilot". And while I can agree that there is a lack of training and standards at ALL levels (that fault lies with the FAA, not the pilots), I seem to see a lot of "mainline" drivers saying "autopilot on" shortly after the PNF brings the gear up (airbus drivers in particular). It seems to me that this degradation of piloting skill might be at all levels, not just the regionals. But what do I know, I'm just commute twice a week and I drive one of those highly-automated regional jets.... oh wait, that's right, I don't have auto-throttles or an autopilot that flies a VNAV profile, makes crossing restrictions automatically, or intercepts an ILS cleanly. So I still have to "fly" the airplane with the FCP and control the throttles.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly pilots will blame other pilots and through each other under the bus. Yeah, 3407 was a screw up. But lets learn from it instead of throwing blame. [/RANT]

Ok, I feel better.... sorry everyone.

Now, where the hell are these media people getting their info!!?? 80 secs of hand flying? What!? Where are they getting this? I hate the media....

Last edited by WalkOfShame; 08-31-2011 at 06:47 AM.