View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:36 AM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by Whaledriver View Post
Under new contract, 0 to 12 months pay has no correction for MTOW, so it will be $75 per hour, 50 hour guarantee, after training is complete.
Any word on "seat locks" in the new CBA? I believe that somebody else mentioned that prior there was a 3 year freeze on switching equipment type. Which when there's only have one pay rate, not too complicated.

However, when new fleets with different pay rates get tossed into the equation, this could create problems.

Example, pilot A is hired into the 76 (lower rate), month later pilot B (junior to A) is hired into the 74 (higher rate). As you mention above, first year pay is the same, subsequent years could be different. If, and I'm just saying IF seat freeze language is there, the 2 following years the senior pilot on the 76 is being withheld from higher pay due to seat lock language. Like I said, IF there is some kind of seat freeze language resembling what was mentioned prior.

Seems as if most airlines ONLY enforce a seat freeze IF the pilot switches equipment type AFTER the new hire assignment as well as to a higher paying seat.