View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM
LoneStarM1A
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Default Diet/Exercise/Sleep with this job

Hi,

I'm curious how any of you manage to stay in shape. I work for a "17 days on the road" type of outfit. After 6 months my "body clock" doesn't really exist and I find myself on a screwed up rhythm where I stay awake for about 30 hours then sleep for about 15 regardless of what time it is locally. Last night I went to bed at 2200 and woke up at 1430. I end up even doing this same thing on my days off. I have no family and few friends; most days off I have zero face to face contact with anyone, granted that's probably the way I like it.

While I feel fine, I look like crap. I'm gaining weight and don't exercise much. How/what do you guys eat on the road? There is tons of catering and it's hard not to eat it when you're sitting there for 12 hours with nothing much to do. Then you do 3-5 day stints in Hotels in foreign countries where eating and drinking practically becomes a sport. A lot of the hotels don't have gyms or what they do have is third hand crappy equipment that barely works.

Is there any sort of diet/exercise regimen designed for this sort of lifestyle, or is the basic mantra "of don't eat very much, only drink water and exercise a lot" supposed to be good enough?