Gets Weekends Off
Typhoonpilot
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2005
  • Position
    tri current
Quote: Thx for the info. I am interested in fleet growth plans. I am under the impression that some or all of the 350's are replacement aircraft. Is this correct? If so how many are additional aircraft that will generate growth?
Thx
Nobody can answer that because not even Emirates senior management knows. Aircraft that were supposed to retire are being kept longer. Over time the entire A330/340 fleet will go away. So will the RR powered B777s. What the time frame is for that though changes on a weekly basis.

There are 70 firm orders for the A350 plus 50 options. The total for the A330/340 fleet is 45 aircraft. The RR powered B777s make up another 21 aircraft. So if the first 70 A350s replace all those airplanes there is still a net gain.

If Emirates takes the options on the A350 then it gets even more positive. If they take all the A380s on order then it gets more and more positive. Then there are the remaining B777 orders yet to be delivered. Perhaps there will be further orders in the future.

When I joined the airline that target was 100 aircraft total. They had just over 50 then. The number keeps getting higher and higher. At some point a limit will be reached, but it's just a guess as to what that number will be.

Typhoonpilot