View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 03:29 PM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Originally Posted by flyn2001 View Post
Wouldn't a simple..."I have not deviated, or will not deviate, from SOPs, FAR, Regs, ATC clearances unless safety of flight dictates or in the event of an Emergency or if required to protect lives"? That is how it is written in USAF speak. Since that was what I grew up learning, that is what is stuck in my nugget. But word it in a way that explains how you truly care about the company's success, and that you will execute your actions w/in policy/regs to be as efficient as possible.

Efficient mission execution w/ safety of crew and pax as the priority.

btw, i'm learning too, so i'll gladly accept the feedback as well.
Answer that in an interview and I guarantee you won't get hired. Simply put, it's a load of excrement.

We deviate from SOP every flight. Everybody. It might be something really minor like sterile cockpit or not adhering to checklist flow or something, but it's still a deviation from SOP.

There's nothing wrong with stressing the importance of protocol and SOP, but it's just as equally important to understand your limits as a pilot, AND to have a realistic picture of your mistakes.

An answer such as what you posted, has some merits, but it also has a major flaw in that it tells me that you either don't have, or can't express a realistic self-judgement of your abilities and performance.