View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:48 PM
throttleweenie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: A-320 Capt

There's no way around it: you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight. You gain or lose only fat, protein, or carbs, or some combi of that. 1# of fat = 3,500 calories, but you can't burn only type of energy (calories) or another, it's a combi of them. Low intensity = higher ratio of fat to carbs/protein.

Run. If you can't run, then walk the stairs, or jump rope. Or walk. The 16oz curl is not exercise, it's beer consumption, or as I see it, a reward for a doing a good workout.

My TIC description of beer as it relates to exercise is the "beer/mile equivalency". One mile running (or 8-10 minutes of rope or stairs) = one beer.

Kidding aside, you have to get out and move, but you also have to reward yourself or you won't keep it up, no way around that.

I'm not a intense as I used to be, but my balance wasn't right unless I did at least a five miles for every day. Day off means Ten-miler the next day, or no beer for me.

Seriously, get a jump rope and use it. That is a pretty good every-muscle-used exercise.

TW