View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Busboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: leaning to the left

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post

...Getting "optimized" is something that they could/will do whenever they want. We didnt' "give away" anything--they will do what they want anyway.
That's exactly my point. They have always had the ability to optimize everything about our schedules. But, they haven't. Well, they tried it once. Were you here? So, why would they need a letter from us, to do it now? And, why would we do it?

...Do you think if we'd have negotiated 10, 20, or 30 % less for our improvements the company might have "played nice" and not modified the pairings? ...
No! Actually, I don't recall our company ever "playing nice" in negotiations. And, that was certainly not what I was trying to express.

...I know the guys who live in/near the city pair are getting a bad deal here, however, and I expect our SIG and union will do their best to keep the status quo. However--if they don't--it WASN'T them that made the change...
Yes, it was them that made the change. Chementi signed the letter. We have now endorsed changing(giving up) what the company has historically used for pairing construction.

I'm happy for you, that maybe this will move some of those senior people out of your way. Good for you.

I love FedEx pilots.