View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 09:52 PM
ClimbingChris
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2011
Default Credit History for Interview

I am a flight instructor who is applying for employment at the airlines. The only black mark on any application that I am concerned about comes down to the credit check. My wife and I don't spend any money we don't have, and we pay all of our money out every month to necessities (rent, heat, etc) and student loans, but it's not enough, so I have bad credit. Getting into the flying business has cost me every penny, and now paying on those loans and debts to private loans, the university, et cetera, might keep me from furthering my goals. Any advice?? I intend to be open and honest about it, sure, but how much is this a factor for one who has never failed a written or practical, has no violations, never been fired from anything, etc? I would hope an interviewer would see that my money issues are my own and that I'm handling them the best I can with what I have and that the job in question is likely the key to resolving said issues.

To be clear, the bad credit history is completely accurate in regards to having missed payments and things like that, but I would say that it is completely inaccurate for it to paint the picture of someone who is irresponsible, since I haven't used anything but cash/debit for half a decade, and I'm paying on absolutely everything I owe, but can't come up with all the money everyone wants after my pay was cut 20% and benefits were dropped.

Thank you to anyone who has the time/ knowledge and is able to reply. Also, sorry if this is a recycled topic, but my search only found things that had to do with arrests and DUI and such.