Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Andy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by flyingfarmer View Post
Finally, most interesting thing said was in response to my belief of going about half way thru the list to get the 177+-... She said, no she believed that they would go all the way thru the list.

Also, said bid late Dec. or early Jan. with training til summer ... then ramping back up in the fall. I told her I sure hope she is right!
Thanks for the update. I don't think they'll go through the entire list to get 177+ filled. I would expect to see a higher return rate than after our last furlough. Last time, I was on furlough for 5 years; this time I expect it to be 3 years.
I understand the military deferrals they're counting on but I don't think it'll end up being quite that high because:
1) Many of us double furloughees are military retirement eligible or have retired (I retired at age 49 with an active duty retirement), and
2) There's been a cutback in Guard/Reserve mandays available so it will be harder to hang out on military leave.

As far as ramping back up this fall, that makes sense. In 2013, the CAL side has just a bit under 250 retirements and the UAL side has around 225 retirements. Hopefully most will remember for quite a while just how 'little impact' that age 65 has had on their careers.