View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 10:22 AM
vagabond
Administrator

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: C-172
Default United Flight Evacuated

From MSNBC:

Passengers on a United Airlines flight — including Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg — were evacuated from a United Airlines jet on Wednesday, NBC News has learned. The pilot reportedly deployed the plane's emergency chutes after reporting an engine issue to the tower.
"Justice Ginsburg was evacuated safely with the other passengers," a Supreme Court spokesperson told NBC News.
United Flight 586 was scheduled to fly from Washington's Dulles International Airport to San Francisco.
Jodi Gersh, the director of social media for Gannett News Services, was onboard the flight, and was posting updates via her Twitter account. "Passengers in front of me saw smoke out window and alerted attendants," she wrote at about 1 p.m. ET. "No serious injuries as far as I can tell. It happened so fast and the attendants were amazing. I'm still shaking as I type this ...
"Hearing of possible broken bones, from the slide landing, but no other serious injureis. They've sent us to the admiral lounge to regroup."
This is a developing story. Please check back for more details.