View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 06:09 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
You can also log whatever you like. Your logbook is yours to what you like with. As long as you can show currency, you can log whatever you choose.

Potential employers consider PIC as the person who has the ending responsibility for the flight. Same reason SIC time in a King Air or cabin class twin doesn't go well when applying for a better job.

Ask people who did 135 charter in King Airs or CJs and logged SIC, or the King Air guys who logged PIC on the legs they flew in 90s/200s (though they had no PIC training on the aircraft). It doesn't often go over well in an interview or on an application.
There are just too many situations out there to cover with blanket statements, but this might be good general advice. It certainly depends on the operation and the rules/regulations (opsecs) that the crew and aircraft are operating under the direction of during flight. I log SIC time, though I am PIC/single pilot qualified, even when I am flying. I understand that I could be logging PIC time, but all of my PIC time up to this point as been when I have
been "the person who has the ending responsibility for the flight." as you say DirectTo. This method would not work for everybody, but as he also says - your logbook is yours to log time in as you wish - just be able to explain it and justify it when you interview.

USMCFLYR