View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 01:31 PM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Outlaw2097 View Post
Think of the briefing like a contract. If you choose to go on DUAT, click through, and accept everything the way it is without any further insight...it comes back to you.
Should I need any further insight? If it's an FAA product then it should be good to go? I can't see why they would even put it out there if they are not going to stand behind it.

We interpret and hit on the good stuff. So, say for whatever reason FSS does not mention that TFR or closed runway, but you blow through it or land on it anyhow, you have an out, versus just getting the brief for yourself online.
I see your point here. But, if it's not printed on the DUAT printout, I still have an out.

By the way, call WXBRIEF right now, and if you are not talking to someone in under a minute, I will be shocked. Its changed since a couple years ago, for the better.
I'm glad it's changed for the better...it only had one way to go and that was up. I used WXBrief for everything back when I was a CFI. I haven't had much need for it since I do little to zero civilian flying right now. The next time I do go fly, I will give it another try.

Just tried calling, it took (45 seconds). Then of course my phone dropped the call!