View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 04:52 AM
NoyGonnaDoIt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by JimHalpert View Post
I just got off the phone with the FSDO. After a lengthy time on hold, they say it OK to log SIC time in an aircraft if you are the safety pilot, even if you cannot be PIC due to lack of endorsements as long as you have category and class. I guess that answers my question.
I'm amazed! You actually managed to get someone on the phone who gave the correct answer.

Be wary of answers given by a FSDO, especially over the phone. They are notorious for being incorrect. You just got lucky this time.

BTW, you will often hear that you should never log this or that when the regs say you can. Despite the title of this section of the forum, you'll find that a lot of folks answer this kind of question based on (a) what they personally think you should log or (b) based upon a perception of what the airlines would like you to do.

You're asking about logging time that the FAA permits you to log to meet the FAA's time requirements for FAA certificates. No reason not to log legit time toward the 250 generic flight hours needed for the commercial.