View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 05:17 AM
fosters
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by ERJ135
I heard AWAC, or Air Wisconsin was the best. I believe they are the highest paid in the regional industry. I think it is only 3yrs upgrade time
AWAC pilots took concessions last year to better compete with Mesa/Chautauqua/insert carrier here. IN doing so, it erased compensation and work rule aspects of the contract.

Also, the old bases closed down and completely moved to the other coast.

In doing so, very senior people (5, 10, 15, 20 year guys) are leaving in droves, resulting in a severe shortage of pilots, especially captains, and an eroding work environment. Talking to CA's that were here 5 years ago they say the place has just totally gone down the tubes. It is no longer the Air Wisconsin that everybody knows it as.

That being said, with the projected hiring of 300 pilots next year, upgrades will probably come down to the 20-24 month time period. People that aren't even finished training are awarded line holder positions. And all this while losing a net of about 16 BAe-146's (they will totally disappear). That's a lot of attrition!

Most lines have 12 days off. Yep. Minimum guarantee. Some are up to 14, but that is rare. The trips themselves are not commutable. You will be at home, if you commute, around 4-6 days a month. Hardly exciting. I've flown everyday except 2 on my reserve days so far.

fosters