View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 05:06 PM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer View Post
As a former EAL A-scaler, the senior mainline guys, since 1983, have been subsidized by first the B-scale, then the low fuel prices and B-scales, finally, this last decade by the regional guys. The RJ guys are B-scalers in disguise.

Will the mainlines "recapture" the scope clauses by allowing a C-scale to fly planes under 130 seats? The 50-seaters are doomed by economics, followed closely by the 70-seaters; so there must be a C-scale for the C-series/EMB-195 class planes soon to arrive. DL certainly wants them to replace the old DC-9s, uneconomic 50-seaters, just at RJ pay rates. They don't care what company flies them, just as long as the compensation is low enough.

Does ALPO cave on the pay or the scope? Coming to a LEC meeting near you.

GF

We were having this discussion not to long ago but it's always worth a rehash.

Pay or scope, can't have both, pick one or the other?

I say scope is everything. The one thing about the B scale at least it was still mainline pilots performing the flying. Pay comes and goes as we've all seen but jobs just go and when you sell jobs for pay it always seems like a one time deal.

I'm not opposed to a cap either on top of it. I'd rather have movement and add 1700 pilots and pilots in every category.