Thread: Aviation degree
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 04:04 AM
NE_Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by PearlPilot View Post
Now I regret my decision terribly. I understand that it won't matter, but bad things do happen. What if I get furloughed or lose my medical? What kind of a job would I go back to? Surely, humanities has nothing to do with my interest. I have been and I am passionate about aviation, and I cannot imagine being in a career other than aviation. It was very hard for me to accept this situation because I can graduate by next year..
You might aswell just finish up and graduate with the degree. The only real mistake you made was to not major in something you enjoyed. As stated by myself and others, if you cannot fly for some reason, it really doesn't matter what degree you have, especially a couple years down the road. I know Sports Fitness Majors who have jobs working in management for large corporations, which they had no connections to. For a larger majority of jobs out there, all they want to see is work expeirence and that you have a 4 year degree. They will train you in whatever job they are hiring you for.

So, I think, you are better off just finishing up the degree and building your time. You are only costing yourself more money by switching now. Like I said, most employers in and outside of aviation just want to see a 4-year degree, and work expeirence (preferrably in the field).