Old 09-26-2011, 04:33 PM
EdwardNorth
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Default 3rd time's a charm... but can I get it back?

Hi all,

Just wondering what my prospects are as far as getting back into flying as a career within the next couple of years. Long story short, I've flown for a living two different times but due to extenuating circumstances left the industry in short order both times. With things in my life finally sorted out, I'd give just about anything to come back and stay for good.

To expand on this a bit:

First, back in the early 2000's I flew the EMB-145 for TransStates, furloughed after 9/11, recalled and then left the industry at the end of 2003 due to fiscal reasons.

Secondly, I came back in late 2007 and got a gig with RAH flying the 170/175 but due to the stress of a terrible marital fallout and divorce (as well my lack of ability to support myself on FO pay with the debts I had to pay off) I had to leave once again and go back to IT.

I'm in my mid-30s now and am wondering what my chances are of getting back into the airline industry at least at the regional level. Considering age 65 retirement I can still have a fulfilling 25+ year career (not counting my previous attempts) and starting pay wouldn't be an issue since my debts will be paid off soon and I've nobody to support but myself.

I've never had a busted checkride or any black marks against me, never any training problems, and when I was hired at RAH in 2007 the only flight time I had since TransStates was the few hours of recent time I took in a Cessna 172 Heavy to get current right before the interview. My time as of now is over 1800 TT and over 900 ME with 800 being in jets.

Is there still hope for me or am I just an old dog who's past his day?

Thanks guys!