View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 07:21 PM
zyttocs
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Default Graduate Aviation Degrees?????

Alright guys...I'm posting this question in the Corporate rather than Recruiter because Corporate is what I'm doing and where I want to stay.

I'm considering getting a Master of Science graduate degree in Aviation and Space Management. I know I know....everyone says you should get a degree in something other than aviation in the event you have to change gears and leave the industry, but I've completed my first career in something other than aviation and now I'm in my second career in aviation.

I currently have bachelors degree in Administrative Leadership and all my ratings with sufficient flight time and experience, and I'm currently managing a large and solid company's start up single pilot flight department that just purchased a King Air 300 with plans to add a jet in the next couple of years.

My question is: How important or significant is this type of degree to employers, both administrative minded employers such as HR or executives, or aviation minded employers such as Directors of aviation departments?

and...

How does this type of degree compare, or is seen, relative to the NBAA’s CAM’s (Certified Aviation Manager)?

Thanks guys....