Old 01-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Space Monkey
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Red Tail CRJ CA

Originally Posted by Window_Seat View Post
What if this was a Pinnacle flight with a 280 wonder or a Jet University guy? Think the outcome would have been the same?
This is a point that has been argued many times at many airlines... personally I think its wrong that 280 hour wonders are doing anything but CFI'ing and I would have some serious doubts as to whether or not a 280 hour wonder could handle this type of situation and I know I wouldn't want myself or my family in the back of an airplane that would now be down to a 280 hr wonder at the helm..... It's not just the being able to physically fly the plane there is also a lot of coordination, decision making and judgement that goes into a situation like this. On a side note I have said it before and I will say it again I view it highly unethical and to a stretch immoral that airlines are willing to go along with this preferential highing BULL $HIT... If somebody wants to go to an academy and get their CFI and learn in a structured program good for them but I say one hiring standard for all..... academy or not..