Thread: Aviation degree
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Airborne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NE_Pilot View Post
You might aswell just finish up and graduate with the degree. The only real mistake you made was to not major in something you enjoyed.
NE PILOT is correct.
It is very rare that I speak to someone that works in the same field as what they earned their degree in. Even outside of aviation there are many jobs great jobs out there that simply only require a 4 year degree. You can get a degree in Under Water Basket Weaving and it might be enough to get an interview. Many HR departments simply look at a degree as a way to weed out mass applicants. I always tell a person to get a degree that you will enjoy and one that is flexible for all job markets. Like business management. I don’t think a degree will always make an applicant smarter but it simply looks good on a resume. I know a Gal whom got a degree in fashion, at the time I thought that wasn't very smart but now she makes stupid money working for Banana Republic. She makes more manoy than most Regional CPT's - she love her job.
By the way ERAU online has the cheapest cost per credit hour for online classes than any else out there that offer a complete degree online. Working Full time and being a having a family; online classes were the way to go and ERAU was the most bang for the buck.