View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Flyboy10029
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Default Money for School

Hey All,

I have wanted to fly for all of my life and I am a freshman in college at Ole Miss. My Air Force idea didn't end up working out and I still want to pursue my dream of being a pilot. However, by transferring schools, it will end up costing me about $34000 more than what my parents are paying for school.I am considering transferring from Ole Miss to Auburn for Professional Flight Management as a degree, just for the record. Does anybody have any ideas on how to make some money to pay for this extra money? I have about 3 years to make this money by the time I graduate. I have a summer job with my dad that ends up paying about $2000 a summer, so I need to fill in the difference. Do you know if most schools have work study programs or solid scholarships that I can know if I will get ahead of time? I would like to know ahead of time so that I don't get to school and find out that I'm SOL. Any ideas? I would preferably not want to use student loans if at all possible.Thanks everyone! Any advice would be very helpful!