View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 07:10 PM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by XJT Pilot View Post
I like the Chevy vs. Ford quote right on, the only thing I can say about this thread is lets see what they come up with and go from there. Were only hurting ourselves talking about the plus and negatives of whom ever contracts out in public we all know there are big differences that need to be worked out let let our union handle it and get back to insulting Republic.
I wouldn't say that the "Chevy vs. Ford" analogy is accurate. The reason I say this is, have you read the ASA CBA to include the PBS LOA? Start with the "Scheduling" section, then go to the "Hours of Service" section after that for starters. Although there is language in there that has good intent, there's ALSO A ALOT of "management discretion", "operational necessity", etc type language that creates holes for maximum management exploitation. Similar what the original Contract 2004 had until many of them got closed up via MOUs and LOAs. And lets face it, doesn't matter if it's XJT or ASA. It's safe to say the MORE pilots get their info here, FI, as well as the respective crackpipes than ACTUALLY contacting their reps. So putting out info here, or elsewhere can do NO harm what so ever. For those that are bothering to inform themselves as well as listen anyway.

Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
Ask DojetDriver. He is always volunteering to do this for people here. I think he has figured that there are only two parts of your contract which are better than ours but I can't remember what those were.
Here, as well as other places. Strange, don't think I ever saw anybody take the offer.