Line Holder
CaptainMe
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2010
  • Position
    Dash-8 CA
Quote: Hey all, I'm a new hire with the upcoming training class and have had several concerns about PDT and it's training department. I have a few friends that have gone through training in the last class and they have me wondering if I should even show up to training. Here are some of the concerns they have warned of:

1. The hotel itself/ transportation issues
2. Training department management and a apparent lack of consistancy
3. Schedule issues during training as well as bad sim instructors
4. pay during training. I have heard 3 separate figures from 3 separate ppl

Are these valid concerns? not sure what to think when I have been told over and over again to avoid PDT like the plague. Thanks!

I dont' believe we have bad sim instructors. No sarcasm here. There is a lack of consistency, but they are not bad instructors. They have different personalities and styles.

In training you are paid your minimum guarantee of 72 hours and per diem.

The whole place is disorganized and that leaves a poor first impression. We're about 10-15 years behind in technology and that leads to this disorganization. Example: when I change my address I have to change it with CP office, training department, safety department, Shared Services, Benefits dept...you get the picture. There is no one database for the whole place. That part is pathetic.

But the Dash is mighty fun to fly.