View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:55 AM
74plb
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop View Post
My airline, World Airways, will be using the MD-11 sims at FedEx until the former Delta sims are moved. I was wondering if I could get any ideas for food, beverages and fun aound the school house area. We will be staying at a hotel around the airport.

Thanks
John,
I did my WOA DC-10 Fe sim training in the FedEx facility in Jan 2008 along with recurrent in 2009. There is a sandwich place across the street we used once when the sim went down for 3 hours. But not much else around to get to without a car. My instructor(s)always offered to have us tag along with them to dinner or whatever. The hotel had beer and appetizers in the evening for all the guests. The World crews always made an appearance if they weren't going in the box. There are some restaurants within walking distance from the hotel along with a Whole Foods type store for Deli sandwiches etc.Can't remember the name of the hotel though.
I trained with Frank, Ed and Ron, a real pleasure! Three different styles of instruction but they were all great to work with!