Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 08:00 PM
wareagle07
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2009

These boards are still great entertainment. Doing my best to clear up a few items...

Kritchlow: The CEO is very proud of the operation. He recognizes his employees and does his best for them. His decisions aren't always popular, but few CEOs' are. As far as upper management goes, he won't be the problem. The DO on the other hand...

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate View Post
You have to ask yourself what you really want out of aviation. Will you be happy flying single engine turbine your whole life? Do you want to fly for a major or be in a corporate jet one day? If the majors or corporate jet gig is in your aspirations, then you might want to think about flying for a regional. Single engine turbine won't get you very far in this industry. Just my .02
You'll be surprised to know that getting hired at Alpha doesn't require signing a contract fo fly single your whole life. I've managed to get into a corporate gig, flying a jet with TWO engines, and the time at Alpha didn't hurt one bit.

Bill Lumberg: Bases are need-based. You put in your request when hired, and can request a change at any time. They're losing quite a few from PDK, so you'd have a fair chance getting in there. Go for it!

Lastly, to the most recent posts: the multi requirement is old. Way back when I was in initial training one of the other guys brought up the fact that he didn't have his multi. Answer was "oh yeah, we just put that for when we get a jet. No problem right now." So they're not all that interested in your multi time.