Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Left Handed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 319/320/321...whatever it takes.

Originally Posted by Normann View Post
I just bumped into this. What? Transatlantic?

'Serious' plans for US flight to Kerry - News - Kerryman.ie

That's funny. I didn't know we went to Canada and Central America out of MYR like the article says.

Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I thought Spirit didn't have any international layovers, except Lima. If Spirit's doing service through Bogota, then it sounds like more South American layovers are in the works, or some fancy 3 pilot crew ops, which could be interesting, given the 'rest seat' possibilities on Spirit aircraft.
Woo Hoo. Another overnight with an armed guard to and from the hotel. I love those. I would not want to sit in any seat we have for heavy crew ops.

Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
The 'proposed' rest rules would outlaw this stuff . . . if they ever are actually adopted.

In the mean time, what does Spirit's contract say, if anything, about this issue?
The new rest rules would actually help this. As long as you started in the morning you could fly up to 10 hours/duty period. Of course, we would have to run a schedule like normal people during the daytime, no midnight jungle turns anymore. I believe our contract says we get paid international for BOG (one of the few that we do), Other than that, I don't think it runs afoul of our contract, but I would have to dig it out to be sure.