View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 09:36 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Default eBay woe what to do?

I recently sold something on ebay. Someone got on and placed a high bid. That person then won the item and told me he/she did not want to pay for it. So I sent ebay a letter. They told me dispute the claim so I did. The person basically sent me a bad letter telling me to ****off. Now ebay touts that they are a legally binding agreement. However I am not going to receive my money. I asked what legal actions they were going to take and they responded with "none".

So by saying these are legally binding agreements why can't or won't they do anything? To me it's just false advertising. Then ebay sent me a bill which totaled $95. $50 for the listing fee and $45 for the selling fee. They said they'd wave the $45 because of what happened but that I still had to pay $50 for listing... I said, "so someone who's selling an item like mine could create a log in, jump into my auction, place some high as hell bid on it so that no one will bid forcing them to go to that other person's auction and I'm going to get stuck with the bill?" They said the item was listed so they completed the transaction on their end. Basically I got "cockblocked" by someone who jumped in and bid on mine only to not pay, force me to pay the listing fee (even though no one else bid because of them), and now if I want to sell the item I'd have to pay the listing fee for a second time. That would be $100 to sell it now.

They've sent me a few notices to remind me to pay and said if I didn't they'd cancel my account and take any legal action they could against me. I feel like i'm being ripped off here. Their legally binding agreement is BS is there is absolutely zero that can be done. So would you just bend over and take it or wait for ebay to try and file a claim then just deny it all with the claim company?