View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:33 AM
NEDude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by Astra SPx View Post
No, it's not at least with BA, Virgin, KLM or Air France. I doubt it would be OK with any. It's getting tougher there. A friend is presently going through this. He married a French girl. The French have said he has to be married five years AND live in France during all of that time to be eligible for a passport.

To be honest, it's tough enough even for a Brit passport holder to get in with any mainland Europe major airline. They tend to want there own. The Middle East is your best bet. Better money.

Whoever recommended Ryanair in an above post needs to see an AME... They are not a good company to work for. Check some of the threads on pprune. Zondaracer, the guy is looking for decent pay and commutable (he doesn't want much does he...) and you recommend West Atlantic Airlines? I hope you're joking too buddy. They want you topaz 17500 EUROS for a type rating on a BaE ATP.

Ryanair - Brookfield contract sucks

BA - if you have a PASSPORT of any EU country, best job in Europe

Virgin - Fuggetaboutit! Doors closed

Lufthansa and subsidiaries - Passport EU, DLR testing, German speaking required

Jet 2 - recruiting for 757 only. Want EU passport.

All the above obviously require a JAA licence, not FAA.

FAA accepted and any passport at:

Qatar - not a bad place to be. Good malls etc.

Etihad - better place than Qatar to live, not as good a company as Qatar.

Emirates - king of the hill.

Fly Dubai - LCC of Dubai.

Jordan Aviation - dubious reputation and late payers.
Certainly do not want the Middle East - interviewed with Qatar a couple of years ago and was less than impressed with the pay and benefits for having to live in a sand pit. China would be more likely and do having a standing offer there. But the wife is in Europe and has a great job with a major European legacy carrier (non-flying position) that we do not want to give up. Her nation currently does not allow dual citizenship, but based on the new Parliament and PM that just came into power, that will be changing, and citizenship will be a little bit easier as well.

I may get lucky regarding citizenship, I have a German grandparent who was stripped of their citizenship during the Nazi regime. Current law allows descendents of those people to reclaim German citizenship under certain circumstances.