Thread: Aviation degree
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 04:41 PM
NE_Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by LAfrequentflyer View Post
1. Hubris on the part of ERAU leadership.

2. What's the famous quote by Joseph Goebbels? 'The bigger the lie the more people will believe it.' Harvard of the Skies - kids can say that to sell their parents on going to ERAU. Parents can tell other parents at the 'club' their Johnny goes to the Harvard of the Skies and will be flying a jet in a few years. BTW - Johnny's teacher for 'Using a Plotter 200' is a 75 year old F-86 pilot.

-LAFF
I have noticied that you seem to "know" a whole lot about places that you have never been to or expeirenced. If I did not know better, I would have thought you went to ERAU and ATP by the way you are talking about them.

You have a lot of resentment for ERAU, yet it never did any wrong to you. In all honesty ERAU is just like ATP, except with ERAU you get a degree (which is worth the same as any other degree btw). The costs of actual flight time is very similair, with just about equal equipment. By the way, I found something very interesting, in the Regional Forum there is a thread about how an Internship is a real good thing to get, and interesting note is that most internships requires that you are enrolled in an Aviation Major. So you have to get a "worthless" aviation degree, in order to get that all important networking tool, the internship at a Major/Legacy Airline.

I can understand people who went to ERAU being bitter about it, but I cannot understand people who never stepped foot on their campus being bitter about it, let alone actually attended.