View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 05:35 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by CVG767A View Post
We frequently see guys on this board decrying career ALPA politicians. Now we have an MEC chairman who would rather be on the line, but sees work that needs to be done by "someone", and actually steps up to the plate to do it.

After reading this board and the ALPA boards, who would actually be eager to take the job? After most of our past contracts have been signed, we've tended to vilify the MEC chairman at the time. I'm sure this one will be no different. Who would choose that over just flying to Europe once a week?

Wouldn't it just be easier to sit at the computer and complain about the MEC's direction or the pace of negotiations?

My hat's off to Tim for taking on the responsibility.
Hear, hear!

I did not hear the statement. As quoted, it was a political foul ball. However it is refreshing to hear a candid, non political, word every now and then. Too often we just get fed rhetoric which flies against the reality of our position. The logical disconnect between rhetoric and action frustrated me. I prefer a MEC Chair do the job out of a sense of service rather than the the notion that they are guys who went to tthe top because they were too smart to be "just a pilot." (Not aimed at anyone in particular)

The Chair has a tough job. Seeing as how the better he does, the better I do ... He has my support.