Line Holder
CO777Driver
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2006
  • Position
    Boeing 777 Captain (CAL)
Quote: I have a dream....to become an airline pilot. I have dedicated my entire life to this one goal, BUT my past is still haunting me. (SOMEONE RELIEVE THE DOUBT OF NOT MAKING IT) Before turning 18 I accumulated multiple (five) convictions, all involving drugs/alcohol, and all were misdemeanors. It's been over four years since I’ve had anything to do with that old lifestyle, and I have no intention of returning. I just passed my multi/com/inst checkride and after building a few hundred hours I plan to apply for SkyWest. Does anyone have any information on situations they have dealt with involving a criminal record and the hiring process, or the severity of how employers look upon this type of background? Thanks for anything; my life TRUELY depends upon it.
Keep your nose clean and you might be alright. I fly with a few guys at CAL that have blemishes on thier records. The people that I am speaking of have reckless driving tickets; they do not have multiple convictions but they made it. Like I said, keep your nose clean and you might land your dream job