View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 07:59 AM
robthree
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777, sofa

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
I fully understand defending your scope clause...if DALPA had that mindset two decades ago the industry would look a hell of a lot different.

But I'd submit that a handful of long-range bizjets aren't any kind of threat to the careers of DALPA pilots, unlike a fleet CR7/9s or E-Jets are...the way they operate and the demographics of passengers couldn't be further apart.
I'll submit that the bizjet segment is the gravest threat to airline careers, ever.

Because that $6000 an hour pax is not going on the WB in 1st class, bringing down the yields on the whole trip, which puts pressure on wages, which makes guys make bad decisions like opening the door on scope 'just a little bit', and in the meantime the TSA comes up with another ineffective, intrusive, absurd screening protocol, which further drives away traffic, but if Mr $6000 an hour pax had to put up with that nonsense, he'd call his golf buddy Congressman whats-his-name and say, get rid of this #$%^&, not just for me but for everybody.

But if an airline is going to fly bizjets, then by all means pilots on that airline's seniority list better be on the flight deck.