View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 01:21 PM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
Was it "won" at System Board or via Arbitration? If arbitration, was there a docket number or particular arbitrator that heard the case?

I ask not to be argumentative, but because I truly am curious...I can't imagine Delta Air Lines management and BoD would allow ALPA to dictate business in a completely separate segment of industry without a stout fight.
Well that's the frustrating/unclear part. All we were told as a pilot group was that we won. No other information has been released to us. I don't know if DPJ's has to cease operation of those jets immediately, over a period of time, not at all but can not acquire anymore, etc. Some grand wizard holds the grievance info and we as members can't get our hands on them. I just attended a local council meeting where a resolution was passed for grievance info to be released to members(excluding private matters such as termination). The pilot who proposed/presented said resolution attempted to obtain further info on this exact issue and was denied. We as a pilot group feel we should use access to this info. But we can't, so unfortunately I can't give you anymore info.

The entire reason I posted in this thread was to see if guys actually working a DPJ has heard anything, because I really don't trust the higher ups of DALPA. I want to know the DETAILS of the grievance.