Old 10-31-2011, 06:12 AM
mexipilot84
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor
Default CFI Training in FL with ATP or other options

So like many pilots looking to build time I am looking to do my CFI II and MEI. I know the mixed response on ATP and their fast track programs, but I am looking for any pilots here who did their CFI with ATP in JAX or FLL and what their experience was as far as their fast track program and how the check rides were with the FSDO since I hear alot of horror stories from here in AL about FSDO examiners here in AL. I was told their 14 day program consisted of doing the MEI first and I assume the II and SEL CFI are done together or separately as an add on? I want to make sure I get my money's worth and receive the training necessary to succeed in this venture. While I know just passing never means you are set and are now a great instructor, looking for others experiences going through the "mill" and what they did to be prepared and not caught in just the fast paced cramming process.

Also if anyone else knows of another good place in FL that does CFI programs and has experience with them I am also looking to those options as well. Seems costs are about average at ATP and other programs nationwide.

In the end looking for a good place to have the basis for a CFI career. Self development, having motivation and learning through experience I think is what builds good CFIs and not so much the title of the school they went to.

Any information is greatly appreciated.