View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 09:05 AM
mtbthis
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by zondaracer View Post
What do you plan on studying at University? I went to University of Colorado in Boulder and I had a blast. I also took some flight lessons at Journey´s Aviation at Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport because a friend of mine was an instructor there, and the two are very close. I always thought that they were a decent school, and apparently they now have a location at the Boulder Municipal Airport. Next door to Journey´s at Rocky Mountain is McAir. I knew two guys who went there and they thought it was a decent outfit as well.

There is also a school at Boulder Municipal called Specialty Flight Training, but I have no experience or knowledge about them.

University of Colorado does not have an aviation program, but they had a flying club the last time I was there.

Also, you didn´t mention Arizona, which is in the West, but I can also recommend Sonoran Wings in Tucson, AZ. The nearby University is University of Arizona.

check out Colorado Flight Schools and Pilot Training Directory

If I had to choose between living in Colorado or Arizona, I´d pick Colorado because I also love skiing/snowboarding, I like grass (very hard to find in Arizona), and you can actually enjoy the summer. The things I liked about living in Arizona... close to California, it was relatively warm all the way to early December, and warm again in February, and lots of taco stands...
Yea I have been looking at CO, Boulder or Metro state. Looks like a cool place.

I am actually an AZ student right now studying at a huge university in Tempe. You can probably guess the name...I am looking to transfer and CO looks like a good option. Just trying to get some feedback on flights schools in the western region.
I will look up those programs. Thank you for the reply!