View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 09:19 AM
FlyingKat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: Taco Rocket Operator

Originally Posted by Fly782 View Post
Well thats good to hear. I do agree they should make it one certificate, but not if it complicates things more and makes us less competitve for more flying.

I have heard rumblings of the AA deal but thats it really, I was under the impression we cannot do it beause of AAs scope... So are we able to?

What I've heard is we can do it, but I know AA's scope does not allow any jets with more than 50 seats on the certificate. That is why Republic had to buy Shuttle and put the 170s on that certificate. APA was fining Chautauqua (I heard the amount was $ 30,000) for every day the 170 was on the CHQ certificate.

I think the one certificate would be a good thing for the company as it would make us more profitable. If needed for a contract, you could always start a second certificate.

This is JMO, but with everything going on right now I just don't see the company getting into the two certificate issue until sometime next year. But Menke really addressed the need to control costs within the company in his conference call Friday, so I think this will be a big issue for us in 2012. If you are a company employee, I would really encourage you to listen to his conference call from last Friday. It had a lot of good information in it.