Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Waves , 11-07-2011 09:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Waves
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2010
  • Position
    SLC 767ER Captain
Quote: Yeah, that's why I'm on this board - looking for some news. Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?
I haven’t really been keeping up on the so called 400 767 Advance Displacements you guys have been talking about and maybe someone has already covered it, , but I heard if it does happen, it’s merely the replacement of the last 767 Domestic category with the International like the rest of the bases. I also heard that the training department is concerned about doing it now because they are supposedly in the process of moving the NWA sims to ATL. Just a reminder to those possibly affected by the 767 Domestic category going away; remember this, when this category does go away, the advance entitlement vacancies for the ER category is open to everyone. It is not just a conversion. The Domestic 767 category will just go away. So just think of your displacement as if you are coming off the L-1011 or MD-11. Even if one is displaced from the 767 Domestic, doesn’t ensure a position on the ER. If one is near the plug, one should have some displacement preferences in. I’m pretty sure that’s what they told us when it happened in LAX and SLC. I’m sure that there will be some warnings posted by DAL regarding that issue if and when it happens.