Old 11-07-2011, 02:39 PM
What
Underpaid...

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: French-Canadian

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
Thanks for the lecture of the OBVIOUS in regards to Jet Blue. As for the lecture in regards to Eagle, I'll rely on my nearly two and a half DECADES at Eagle to tell me what you think I'm oblivious to.Yes, it is very possible this is a sham meant only to get a crap TA passed, but the final chapter of what is the current Eagle has yet to be written.
This divestiture isn't about passing the TA, it's about bringing the cost at Eagle down. If they are able to lower cost and generate movement from the senior pilots to AA there is no reason to seek other regional airline for feed by AA. It's all about cost. The flow is there divested or not. They are trying to take your QOL and Pay to force to move else where. And if you don't go they will bring your pay down to what they would pay someone else. In other words they want you to fly for them but they are not going to pay you 6 figures to fly an RJ. You can stay at Eagle for less or move on to bigger and better things. That is what is happening here.

Just how long HAVE you been at Eagle anyway ?
I've been here for a year, and I have much to learn.

Eagle's President has said that in order for the divested new company, formerly known as 'American Eagle', but soon to have a new name and only do business under the 'American Eagle' brand (owned by AMR) to survive, they will HAVE to be successful in obtaining outside flying feeding other carriers. It's not surprising they would position themselves to do that. Other carriers may want more access to DFW and if the new company (whatever it's called) has the gate space and can accomodate larger aircraft, that would be an integral component. That terminal may indeed have larger RJ's, but they have another legacies paint on them when they pull up to the gate. No guarantee's, but I think that is a primary idea.
AMR management controls Eagle, Right now Eagle is possibly being divested with an AMR infrastructure. Why would any other airline want to do business with "AMR" I mean the new Eagle that is run by AMR. Also, what are we going to do, buy the airplanes that RAH is selling because they can't fly them for profit under Frontier and can't get a dancing partner for them, better yet, lease RJs from AMR and fly them for Delta and United. Ohh you are referring to then stealing the CRJ from other carriers, I get it we are going to enter the whipsaw game with carriers who have less of a longevity than we do. AMR is building trying to build fortress (the cornerstone plan they have) why in the hell would they allow Eagle to bring in competition. At that point Eagle becomes a direct competitor. We have slots and gates but for one minute don't think AMR will let Eagle use those against them. You want to fly a Delta or United airplane see you in terminal E. I might be new here but understand business a little better than you Sir.

Originally Posted by RJ Pilot View Post
Why would I? My 100K+ a yr flying a LIL RJ, makes it tough!
You are absolutely correct, your 100,000 a year makes it though for us to compete in the market. I am not against the senior pilots at Eagle. Most of you had other plans but with the way things have gone in the industry Eagle is the best fit for you.