Thread: Aviation degree
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 09:51 AM
PearlPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: DHC-8 SIC

Originally Posted by POPA View Post
The discussion in this thread has meandered away from the most important topic presented: what the heck is a "humanities" degree?!
This is what I am doing right now.
http://php.scripts.psu.edu/dept/iit/...nterdHuman.php

The reason I went a little crazy the last couple of weeks was because I thought I was wasting my time and money by doing a humanities degree. Also I as much as I love aviation I thought that I would thoroughly enjoy majoring in something related to aviation. The initial reason for my chosing the humanities degree is that I would not have to worry about a huge amount of a courseload as well as spending hours and hours studying and drowning into my studies. Although the humanities major has been kept me busy enough so far, I still manage to work full-time (which I have to in order to collect $ for my PPL). Now if I did something like engineering, I would have to put away getting my licenses until I graduate. Another reason is because, if I continued with this degree I can graduate by the summer of 08. Done deal. I am sticking to it. I want to get my PPL this summer, and it is very important that I do, and soon after I graduate I want to get a job and work on the rest of my ratings. I want to get a CFI job in about a year after graduating. I hope things will work out. And thanks for the kind comments.