View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:10 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by kylejacobsen View Post
It was juvenile probation, and it will be 4 years this May. I also don't have anything on my criminal record that says I have an OWI,that charge was erased when I completed the probation as a juvenile. The only record of it is on my driving record, with the DMV, where it states the reason for my license revocation as an OWI test failure. That is where I'm confused. My criminal record is clean, but like I said, it is on my driving record. So, I have no idea how that affects getting into Canada.
That may be a different story...

If it was juvenile, the airlines will probably be more understanding...some people may even tell you that you don't have to report juvenile convictions to employers but I would be very careful about that. Usually the assumption is that the records are sealed, but obviously your NDR may reflect license revocation...not sure how NDR treats juvenile issues.

You would probably need to discuss this with a Canadian consulate or immigration lawyer. Canada may or may not hold a juvenile conviction against you.