View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 05:10 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by SkyHigh View Post
I want to have a better life, more income, more control. I want to live where and how I desire. I want to be the one who decides when I go to bed and to get up when I feel rested.

I especially know that I do not want to be a tool for a corporation ever again. I want the corporation to be a tool for me. Airline pilots have lost any power or professional value they ever had to the industry.

They are a profit source for management. Squeezed dry of pensions, wages and benefits whenever the company needs to show a margin. Not for me.

Skyhigh
Absolutely - and the difference here is that no one is saying that you should drop everything and get back into aviation. Some of us are happy with your decisions and wish you the best of luck in your current lifestyle. Most of the ones who post with negative responses to you are usually the ones tired of you harangering them for the choices that they have made and the contempt that oozes out of your posts towards the people in this profession.

Just like in other aspects of life - there are those that are happy with letting people make decisions and live their lives and there are those who wish to control another's destiny and make decisions for him/her.

You like to try and make your points back belittling and insulting professional pilots. You can't hide from those facts from anyone on these forums that have been around awhile and read your posts. You took your hatred of the industry and transferred it to the pilots. That Sky is wrong and smacks of jealousy.

You are beholden to the housing market and the buyers of your free ranging whatever you happen to be raising or growing right now.
You are not free of anything. You are still part of the complex socio-economic merry-go-round that the rest of us are riding; unless of course you have moved to the wilderness, built you own log cabin with hand made tools, rasied your own meat, grew your own veggies, and dug your own well.
No?
Welcome to the game Sky.

USMCFLYR