View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by firstmob View Post
What's wrong withe Fltops pod cast, I try to hear the 11/9 pod cast. And keep getting the 9/13 pod cast?
It is a good one. Capt. SD talks about the potential for more 737's and a revisit of the often talked about, never ordered, 100 to 120 seat jet in April to early summer 2012. There's also a mention of a need to gather a plan for a wide body beyond that and 747's flying in Delta colors at least until 2020.

The EFB will be a lot more than just electronic Jeps, he talks about an entire process from training to situation specific guidance. I understand if you spill your frosty beverage on the iPad it automatically pulls up VOL1 SP16 and the de-icing flow chart. No really ... I can see a day where they work an EFB into the cockpit flow so when in the sim you get a single engine landing to a contaminated runway there is no hunt for the ODM.

Of course, that could be just happy horse manure to deflect from the closing of a popular base. Funny, but he did have specifics about a base closure, but had tons of great ideas about what an EFB might be able to do. ... wonder if it will help you beat 6 connection pilots to a jumpseat. (and while we do have it bad, they set the records for opening and closing bases while not getting paid enough to move)