Gets Weekends Off
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2008
  • Position
    FAA 'Flight Check'
Quote: One of 17 states that says the child has the "right" to go and parents have to pay, up to the BS degree. With a few exceptions of course (not the type, bad grades, etc. Hell NJ the parents HAVE to pay for even medical or law school.

Kids Can Sue For Themselves: Illinois law permits children to sue their divorced parents for college expenses.31 The right depends on the court's interpretation of the language of the divorce agreement (assuming there is one).
Again - do you actually have a reference for this. I'd like to read it for myself.

I know a few parents myself who couldn't possibly afford in-state tuition at our state's university on their own dime. So if this law is real, those kids didn't have good enough grades to get scholarships, were not athletically gifted, and were too lazy to apply for grants (which wouldn't nearly cover the cost), it would financially IMPOSSIBLE for that kid to go to college; therefore since the parents couldn't afford college as you say is their legal right, what punishment would the courts award the parents?

Sounds to me like if it a legal right to go to college then they ought to be suing the college for failure to provide such service to each and every one who wants to go to college.

USMCFLYR