View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 07:35 AM
daytonaflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Jump
Default What? Instructing is suicide?

Airblazer,
What do you mean instructing for 100 hrs a month is suicide? 100 hrs a month is good flight time. You will be very tired if you work that much every month. After instructing for 1000+ hours, you are very marketable to regional airlines. Towing a banner in single engine, piston, slow flight, VFR airplanes, you're not nearly as hireable.
Instructing is one of the best ways to gain experience, knowledge, and confidence as a commercial pilot.
Instructing is what I did for almost 2 years and I really enjoyed it. I learned a lot, flew some cool airplanes (Cirrus, Lancair, Cessna, Bonanza, Aerostar's) and met some good friends. The only thing I didn't like about it was the low pay.
No, I didn't go to one of those flight academies that "guarantee an interview" and I never paid for training, did you? I wonder since you seem to think it's a good idea.
I guess you're free to pay for training if you want to. I ,however, think aviation employers should pay to train their employees, just like every other industry in the country does for its' employees. It's just one more aspect of this industry that brings all our salaries down and managment knows that.

Last edited by daytonaflyer; 12-24-2005 at 07:37 AM.