View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 05:53 AM
BDGERJMN
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Walmart Greeter

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
It seems like every FRS likes to claim (except -101) that they produce more fleet pilots than the others. Before this time you mention -106, they had made a decision to not assign anymore Marine IPs to -106.

In the days of 'Marines shall not fly the Super' - were they?
For years the MATG Marines at -125 were flying the Supers at -122 and it even became a small issue.

I use to say (under my breath) that I'd bet a months pay that you will see -F models in the Corps. I still think so.

USMCFLYR
Gump, we did the science project back in 06-07 before we merged C/D and E/F operations at 106. It was one of the questions being asked from above and may have been part of the rationale for big Navy convincing USMC that they needed to pony up some bodies to 106, we were pretty undermanned given our output requirements at the time. You know how that ebbs and flows, but the numbers were pretty staggering if you compared our output of Marine CAT I's to the fleet given our Marine IP representation in comparison to 101. Apples and oranges in some respects as 101 is and will always be a slave to the MAG in terms of people and jets I suspect.

The Marine IPs/IWSOs flying the Rhino was only an issue for a short time, it just blew my mind, and every Marine at Oceana, that their leadership was squashing that program, it was quite comical.

btw, I agree with your assessment of F's in the MAG, its only a matter of time and someone with a suit and tie in DC will query the risk/reward of buying used up Harriers when Boeing is still building new jets at home that in my best guess are fare more capable, oh wait they can't hover!