View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Tomahawk58
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011

Originally Posted by aa73 View Post
Sorry... been there done that in 2003 (not that they would have filed BK, anyway - it was a typical AMR bluff and we fell for it.) What did they do with our concessions back then? "Pull Together Win Together..." for them. $100s of millions in bonuses paid out to management. Untold yearly losses. Broken business model that yielded losses. A whole fleet of MD80s parked due to gross maintenance shortcuts. Crappy customer service. Did I mention $$$millions in bonuses for all that "top talent?"

And you say we should save them?

I'll tell you what to save - your breath. Not gonna happen. They'll file for BK due to their own gross mismanagement of the company. And no amount of pilot concessions will save them. Never has, never will.

We're done giving these goons anything more. If we have to take concessions, we'd rather get them from the judge, not from these clowns.

Tomahawk, did you change your screen name?
Sorry, I'm still me, but it is good to see another voice of reason here.

All this bluster and chest pounding aside, the real losers will be those hoping for a career at AA and the folks in the right seat who will probably be there even longer. While there may be some captains posting here aside from myself, the majority of the discontent appear to be from FO's!

Again, I get all the angst and frustration due to the past decade of stagnation. That gentlemen and ladies is the nature of the business we all made a conscious decision to join. If one of you actually signed a "fairness" contract during your indoc, please post a copy here. We will either change, adapt, and seize future opportunities or there will be a different model going forward.