View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 06:48 AM
aero550
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Citation II

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I could more safely fly the airplane solo than I could while babysitting a PP! I'd rather have an FA up front if I needed help, but why would I? Someone to do the radios might be nice, but a new PP would probably screw up more calls than not in an IFR evironment.

And I agree the security risk is relevant. How do I know the guy is a pilot and not some freakazoid? If I let him get close enough to show me his license, it's too late.
Yeah, I gotta think he was hoping there was maybe a jumpseater or off duty pro on board. When the private pilot came forward, he probably figured "oh well, let's try to make this work." He could probably tell pretty quickly whether the guy was for real and useful or not.

The odds are pretty slim that somebody coming forward would be a homicidal freakizoid. At least I hope so.

It does make one wonder, though, whether the thought crossed the check airman's mind that the captain's keeling over wasn't part of a terrorist plan. Probably just too many things to think about at one time.